Train the Trainer
People who work as trainers are often put into difficult situations without much understanding of what training is or how to do it well. We know that being a good trainer is the result of developing skills to bring information to an audience. This information will then engage, empower and encourage continued learning and development. This course will give you the skills that you need so that your students not only learn, but also enjoy the process, retain information shared, and use their new skills back in the workplace.
The course is practical, as participants experience new training techniques and then practice them. At the end of the course, participants deliver a short training session using their own materials, and receive detailed feedback.
- Defining Successful Training Program
- Adult Learning and the Learning Process
- Style Assessment including Introvert / Extrovert Analysis
- Applying the Learning Cycle
- The training process (planning training, choosing methods, designing learning sequences)
- Adding games
- Setting the climate
- Presentation skills
- Dealing with difficult trainees
- Evaluation techniques
- Mock training presentations for peer review